5 Ways to Create Compelling Content
by Lucia Raatma
You want to be the expert, the go-to sources for your fans. So how do you accomplish that? One of the best ways is to create compelling content for your blog. Not old, stale information, but news that will educate your readers and encourage them to interact.
Here are 5 easy ways to get started:
- Use a great hook: Start with a headline that lures them in. Don't get so clever that your fans have no idea what the blog is about, though. Be clear and concise, but encourage interest. Also, make that first paragraph count. If you start out too slow, your readers' eyes may glaze over and they'll jump to a different page.
- Stay current: Don't be afraid to blog about juicy, trendy topics. Remember that anything that was "15 minutes ago" may not intrigue your audience any longer. So stay on top of what is happening with your brand and your industry, and tell readers what's most important about it.
- Switch up your voice: Be sure to have different people from your company write your blogs, so different points of view are presented. Readers will like hearing from various staff members and learning about their jobs and passions. You can also interview other experts for your blog and encourage guest blogs from people you do business with. When you take this approach, you will compile a remarkable collection of content that is relevant to your readers and your brand.
- Make it pretty: You've heard that a picture is worth a thousand words? Well, that holds true for your blog as well. Your fans want to see a photo of the person you've interviewed or the product you've described. Make sure you use a great photo and that your blog design is uncluttered and easy to read.
- Be consistent: There is nothing worse than a blog that has been gathering dust for a few months. Be sure to post every few days or at least once a week. To be successful, you'll need to devise a publishing schedule and stick to it.
Simple enough, right? No need to worry or obsess. Just get in there and tell your story. If you make your content genuine, fun and informative, your readers will keep coming back for more.